Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Recalls Almost 470,000 Jeep SUVs

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Should also note that when plowing and trying to move a large pile of snow an additional foot or 2, I actually have more pushing power in 4hi than 4lo. So, when stopped and trying to get traction to push a pile of snow the added traction control in 4hi beats the low gearing and reduced traction control in 4lo.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    The reason I had said anything was because I take this way home everyday for the last 3 yrs & it never caught my attention as it did yesterday so was not sure if related.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Maybe a difference in model year or a general glitch in mine.... I've always thought it rolled back on hills way easier than anything else I've owned.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I thought I got lucky...after months of having the N23 recall done on my Jeep, I finally have the dreaded "Service 4WD" error message. I have put it into 4Lo several times and used it. I even put it in 4Lo yesterday. Today I was messing around and tried putting it in 4Lo and got the message. Pretty bummed now. Now I have to figure out what to do...
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Do you know anyone relatively local with a flashpaq? Id try clearing the codes and see if it works... this will rule out"coincidence" and put you in the same boat at everyone else

Unfortunately, no. If you know anyone in the Omaha metro area with one, let me know! I'm not even sure if it would work with my Jeep because Superchips doesn't support the CRD. I tried clearing it with a different code reader but it didn't even find any codes. It could be a coincidence, but it seems highly unlikely at this point plus, our Jeep has been regularly maintained. Looks like I may need to buy a junkyard FDCM that has the old software.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Superchips doesn't support CRD tuning, but that's independent from the OBD functions... your drivetrain has the same modules as the rest of ours so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    From what I've read if the update caused the problem all they need to do is reflash it until it works. Sometimes it's taken 3-4 times of reflash and then it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Superchips doesn't support CRD tuning, but that's independent from the OBD functions... your drivetrain has the same modules as the rest of ours so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.
    You're right, didn't think about it like that. I don't understand why only the Superchips have been successful in clearing the codes.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    From what I've read if the update caused the problem all they need to do is reflash it until it works. Sometimes it's taken 3-4 times of reflash and then it seems to work.
    This only works temporarily, it always comes back it seems. From what I understand, the only "solution" is to get a junkyard FDCM that hasn't had the recall performed on it or you can send your FDCM to blown7 on JeepForum and he can reflash it to the old software (he has StarScan).
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    You're right, didn't think about it like that. I don't understand why only the Superchips have been successful in clearing the codes.
    I think we lucked out in the sense that the Superchips added a lot of "offroad" features for the JKs which required communication with the FDCM. In doing so, their programmer can read/clear drivetrain codes that normal OBDII scanners can't.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information