Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Recalls Almost 470,000 Jeep SUVs

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Makes sense but I can't imagine the JKs using the same FDCM because they don't have ELSDs or the NV245 transfer case. Isn't the FDCM's only function to operate those systems? Does it even matter if they aren't the same FDCMs? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just extremely intrigued by the QDII system. I've learned so much over the last few hours since finding out about my 4WD error.

Edit: Stupid question maybe, but does the JK even have an FDCM? It seems that the only reason our Jeeps have them is because it controls the NV245 and the ELSDs, which the JK has neither.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Honestly I havent looked into it that deep. When I found out I was able to pull drivetrain codes with the flashpaq I really didnt care how or why it was possible. ... the stars aligned and thats all I cared about

Haha that's true. I just need to figure out a solution. Right now, there just aren't any that are very appealing.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still have not had mine done. I just got a reminder postcard from Chrysler a couple days ago. I was holding off hoping the update would get fixed. After seeing what is posted here, I have no plans to have any update done. I don't have remote start, and as far as I am concerned at the moment, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My question to those of you that have been mechanics, if I take this to Jeep for repairs of something else, or to an independent mechanic, or even a quicky oil change place, are they under any obligation/liability to do the update or can I decline it?
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

As of now, do not get the recall done!! Only the dealer can do it I believe. You can decline the recall also, just make sure they know!
    John

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah if you go to the dealer you have to specifically tell them not to perform the recall. Not all dealers will do it without your permission but they are allowed to.... I personally would avoid the dealers regardless.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have no intention at this point in getting the recall done. But I have the lifetime powertrain warranty so they may not give me a choice if I go to the dealer for other work.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Same. I am not getting this done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I had it done & so far the fix was to have the Stealership flash the FDCM 3x's. Since then it has been working just fine. I have not tried since the 5th of this month tho because it has been on jack-stands waiting for the front pads to show up.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt
    The recall was done on mine way back. What a fiasco. The service 4wd light always comes back, and I always had to clear it with the superchips. Also Without fail, every single time I hooked up a trailer and used tow/haul, it would trigger my service 4wd light. However, mine also had a service 4wd light message 6 months before I ever even had the recall done.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information