Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Recalls Almost 470,000 Jeep SUVs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Any of you guys with the recall done have any issues?

Keeping up on JF it looks like problems are popping up a week or so after....

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I just had this done yesterday and checked 4lo before I left and it worked. I read some of that thread right after I got back and now I'm kicking myself for doing it. I'll be checking it everyday for the next week or so and I'll let you guys know what happens with mine.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    had it done over a month ago & tested it a few times & no issues. Now by testing all I did was put in 4 lo & back into reg. I have not had a chance to wheel with it yet.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Tried again today and it still works and drives in 4Lo. If I have time this evening, I'll see if the ELSDs lock in gravel still.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Well I tried it today & as soon as I pulled the handle the error came on. Will be calling the dealership back on this.
    Oh joy oh joy
    Will update when have more info.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

well I haven't taken it back in yet, It's my DD & unless I want to pay for a rental I am without a ride to work. I will get it in soon. I did a test thoe and found something very interesting concerning this. They are doing construction next to my house and stopped there on the way from work. They had a large mound of asphalt and I drove up a part of it, once I had one wheel off the ground and hanging in the air my TC light went off & it would not engage the front end at all. I have the QDII setup, if I read this right it acted like a 2WD with an open axle. Now the Serivce 4WD light did not come on until I hit the 4lo handle. This Sh*t sucks. I wonder can they undo the SW they loaded for the recall?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I'm surprised they haven't stopped installing the update yet.... I'm guessing there are so many people out there that don't check their 4wd that they're only seeing a fraction of a % of the issues.

I agree. I also forgot to mention that I noticed on my way home from work. There is 2 decent upward asphalt hills along the ride home, one of them there is a stop sign at the top to make a left. I noticed that when I lifted off the brake to go than it started to roll backwards until the gas pedal was applied. I would not compare it to rolling back as freely as if your were driving a stick shift. There is resistance there, but felt off just enough to catch my attention. I am not sure if that is tied to this recall, just feeling possibly the TC is not holding.

Your thoughts?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I'd say the rollback is unrelated unless the SW update decreased idle torque converter pressure....

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    My 2010 will always roll back on steep hills. I have not had the recall done.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information