Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Winch Removal

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The worse thing that can happen on a blue trail is scrape your skids. No big deal... That's what they are there for.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I would never try act like I no more about offroading then you but I can see more then just skid scrapes on a blue trail in an XK; especially with no rock rails

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Well yeah you can get more than scrapes on your skids on a blue trail if your not careful. As far as rock rails they are definitely a great mod to have. But I think you would be fine on blues without them. I've doen a few black trails and I don't have rock rails and never got any damage in that area on the XK other than popping the plastic rocker molding off
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Corey I'm with ya. I've bashed the hell out of my rock rails on the blues at Rausch. Most of the time I'm lacking an experienced spotter, or it just takes slipping off a rock (been there a few times during rain or snow).

Now if you had a set of rock rails on there.... you'd really have nothing to worry about with the trails we've taken.

I guess I've just been really lucky at Rausch

Really all depends on who's guiding ya, and a bit of luck. You have a bit more clearance with your tires too.

Were you there on that trip where Tim was spotting me through that one rough spot on T22, I dropped off a rock and slammed my skids really hard as Tim simultaneously shouts "yeah you're gonna droooooo[BAM]oop". It was a funny exchange..... I have skids so i didn't care, and proceeded to bust his balls a bit.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    depends on the blue too.. topless for tatas is a blue, and I hit my rock rails on my XJ a couple of times. I wasn't using a spotter through any of it either though so we made pretty good time and really wasn't an issue with the group of Jeeps I was with that time..

I would definitely feel much better with rock rails. However I still really enjoy the green trails. I feel more relaxed and enjoy a lot of the hills, dirt, water, smaller rocks etc. Lol I know in the offroad "industry" thats not usually the case--most people want tougher trails.

2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

You move through the trails a lot quicker too when everyones guarded up and not worried about crushing a few rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Really all depends on who's guiding ya, and a bit of luck. You have a bit more clearance with your tires too.

Were you there on that trip where Tim was spotting me through that one rough spot on T22, I dropped off a rock and slammed my skids really hard as Tim simultaneously shouts "yeah you're gonna droooooo[BAM]oop". It was a funny exchange..... I have skids so i didn't care, and proceeded to bust his balls a bit.
    Lol and yes that was hilarious with Tim.

2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information