We took the kids to Moab this last weekend. I decided to take the Commander instead of the JK. We were just planning on easy trails since we didn't know how the kids would handle a whole days riding dirt roads. Kids had a great time. We didn't do anything really difficult, probably could have done almost everything in a car. We did Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon, stopped by Dead Horse Point state park, and Tusher Tunnel. I only had one pic on my camera phone but I will try to post a few more once the wife gets them off the camera.

We had three car seats, kids 5,3,1. I also downloaded a bunch of geocaches to my GPS before and used that as a way to make the riding more interesting, we were treasure hunting! My 3 year old son is into pirates right now so he loved treasure hunting. There are lots of caches along the trails.

I didn't think I would ever wheel a IFS anything but the Commander sure fit the family better. Now I have to decide how I am going to build up two jeeps. The 4" superlift is starting to look like a need now. I am also very interested in the post I read a while back about someone who put a QDII front diff in and a locker in the back.

I also wonder if the struts aren't tightened down correctly, I get a pretty good clunk in the front end while offroading.

Pic is along the Gemini Bridges trail where we stopped to find a geocache and eat a snack.

2013-05-03 10.49.05 by duneslider, on Flickr