Thread: IF you're in the area... Blessing of the 4x4's! Sunday - JUNE 30 - at 2:00pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb SECOND ANNUAL Blessing of the 4x4's! Sunday - JUNE 29 - at 2:00pm

If you've been in Pittsburgh (or within broadcast range of Pittsburgh TV stations) for ANY length of time, you've surely heard of several area churches that doing a "Blessing of the Bikes" each year. Like these;

http://storage.cloversites.com/murry...es%20Flyer.pdf

http://www.cpcriders.org/

There was even a Catholic Church in the North Hills that I saw on the news blessing motorcylces this past weekend, but now I can't seem to find a link to it.

At any rate, MY thought is, WHY should the bikers, ahem, hog all the blessings?!?! 4-wheelers need at LEAST as much - if not MORE - blessing, given the craziness that is WHEELING!

With THAT said... we are looking at doing a first ever (far as WE know!) "Blessing of the 4x4's" in the Pittsburgh area, at Concordia Lutheran Church (3109 Brownsville Rd. - 15227 - Brentwood Borough), on Sunday - JUNE 30 - at 2:00pm.

More details will follow shortly, but I wanted to get the who, what, where, when, why of this event out there, that folks might plan accordingly. The grounds of the church are pretty big (Concordia owns the whole BLOCK basically), so if you wanted to do a picnic beforehand for instance, that would be possible also. Since this is the first event of its kind EVER, the Rite of Blessing will be the main thing this first time out, but it will be interesting to see where it grows from here!

There will be NO passing of the offering plate, to put your mind at ease. This is simply a courtesy we'd like to extend to the 4-wheeling community, as our Pastor is a wheeler, and would like to turn his hobby into a blessing for others as well.

E-Mail or PM me for further details, and I'll post more info as we get closer to the date!
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 06-16-2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Update for 2014!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Man if this wasn't so far away I'd join. I like the idea.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    That's a cool idea man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lightbulb

Two weeks from today BUMP!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You have an awesome pastor!!! I wonder if I can get mine into wheeling....

Cool

2 weeks to go BUMP!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The church I used to go to has a small group called "Higher Ground" and it is made up of those of us who wheel. We still wheel with them but go to a different church curently.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thread Information