Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New CB antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Wow. This is good news. I found that page on the website last night. I think I have the FS series antenna, which is GP.

Yeah, the 4 foot antenna is mighty tall there. Mine is the 3 foot. Can't wait to get it tuned.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just ordered the 3' USA Firestik... had some other stuff i needed to order on amazon so it was easy hiding that $20 in that order so i dont feel guilty

I have the HD spring and think im gonna keep that to see how it does for now.

I didn't know that Firestik has a similar mount to the ones we bought: http://www.firestik.com/Catalog/WTP-4.htm
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Today I returned to work after recovering from surgery, so back to my 140 mile round-trip commute on Jersey highways. I had to give the CB a decent try with the new antenna location. Everything worked great and can only get better once tuned. I even got pretty good range of about 5 miles once off the highway.

I'm happy.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

That's definitely some good range there!!

I'll be home Sunday if you wanted to swing by. I have no plans other than tinkering with my Jeep and my sons new RC monster truck.

Hey, Daddy, this Sunday is Father's Day! While I'd otherwise be happy to run down there, I'm guessing both your family and mine will was us to themselves!

Let me know what the following weekend is looking like for you.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if it's Father's Day, then a bunch of Dads should get together to do manly-man things! HA!
    Last edited by lekmedm; 06-11-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Extra thoughts...

Lol that was the point! When my wife asked what I wanted to do on fathers day I said "nothing. No picnics, no dinners, no plans. I want to be free to sit quietly and drink a beer if I so choose"

As you might remember, my next months worth of weekends are filled with weddings, birthdays and family reunions ...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    kept looking back at this thread, I like the way this is setup compaired to mine which is setup on top the roofrack. I orded the silver one.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    kept looking back at this thread, I like the way this is setup compaired to mine which is setup on top the roofrack. I orded the silver one.
    Wooohoooo....!!! Jump on in, the water's fine...!

My 3' antenna came in today. I'll probably throw it on and tune it on Friday.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information