Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New CB antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Didnt tune it yet... but it looks a lot better on there.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Cool!

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

So, Matt, how has this new CB mount worked out for you since you've been offroading now? I've been very happy with mine.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Exclamation

I tore the condom off mine at an Arby's drive-thru in Erie last month... D'OHHHH!

Bought a cheap-azz replacement stick at a truck stop, and took the condom off THAT one, to protect my Wilson (and the condom DOES make a difference with a tuneable antenna!!!). And then I electrical taped it in place, for good measure!

Discovered that with the QD mount and the antenna removed, I CAN still run it through car washes without problems. Changes the angle on the hood-mounted scanner antenna, but I gotta jump out and fold the mirrors back into place after a car wash anyways.
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 11-07-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Cos' I 'r' not sech a gud speler! :-p
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    So, Matt, how has this new CB mount worked out for you since you've been offroading now? I've been very happy with mine.
    Actually I forgot to come here and update. .... not happy with mine. Went through a tight trail in the pines and it got tore off. Luckily no major hood damage.

I like the location so im going to design/make my own mount for there that bolts on via the hood latch bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Actually I forgot to come here and update. .... not happy with mine. Went through a tight trail in the pines and it got tore off. Luckily no major hood damage.

I like the location so im going to design/make my own mount for there that bolts on via the hood latch bolts.
    Would a different spring have helped prevent that? I'm running an MD spring. I think you once said you have an HD one.

Not sure. I thought mine bent far enough but I guess not. I think it got wedged in a V of a branch and was literally pulled outwards, not just bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Not sure. I thought mine bent far enough but I guess not. I think it got wedged in a V of a branch and was literally pulled outwards, not just bent.
    Well, caught in a "V" would yank an antenna from any mount, or at least cause some damage.

I disgree. It still slid through, just the clamp force of that hood mount is too weak. A steel bracket bolted to the hood latch aint going anywhere. And if it does get caught on something I dont have to worry about it bending/damaging my hood.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information