Thread: Swaybar bushings

Swaybar bushings

So I've replaced my bushings with new blue ones that are ribbed correctly for her pleasure.... I replaced them ~6 months ago and am having knocking sounds again. I removed the sway bar and links fully and the sound is gone so I know its in the assembly. I checked motion on the links and they all are tight so i go back to the bushings.

Using my digital calipers I measure the diameter at 1.32-1.33. So slightly under the 1.34 that I expected. So where I go from here? Try the 1.29 ones and squeeze them or try to sleeve the bar? What if I slightly open the slit on the side and try to squeez the 1.34 by shimming?

What sayeth the flock?

06 XK almost limited....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Id order oem bushings.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Are you sure the end links are good??
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

They were yes I checked play and there is none in either link. If the bushings are shot anyway I'm going to open the slit a bit and shim around the bar with SS shim stock to build up the OD.

I'll let you know how it works.

Where in East Aurora are you? My bro lives off Maple Ave on the edge of Elma.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hinchcliffe View Post
    They were yes I checked play and there is none in either link. If the bushings are shot anyway I'm going to open the slit a bit and shim around the bar with SS shim stock to build up the OD.

I'll let you know how it works.

Where in East Aurora are you? My bro lives off Maple Ave on the edge of Elma.
    I live off Jamison Road. Just a few minutes away from your brother? Do you live in this area??
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Cool I'm actually in Fairport/Rochester

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Ill be in Rochester this weekend man for my nephews bday..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information