Is there a good writeup somewhere that describes exactly (not generally) how the QD-II works? The reason I ask is that I have been having intermittent problems where the drive system seems to leave the system fully locked (I know, being hydraulic, the ELSD never really 'locks' ) and snaps and lurches in corners at low speed in both 4-Hi and 4-Lo. It has been getting progressively worse the last few weeks but I took a trip to Colorado anyway this last week to pick up my son from a summer school class in Pitkin, taking in one hard 4x4 trail for grins. I had no problems on the trail but on pavement it's now making a racket in turns and even 'popping' a bit at highway speed going straight. It seemed like the ABS system was randomly braking one or more wheels, so I pulled the ABS fuses but still had the issue. Next, I tried unplugging the front and rear ELSD cables from the diffs. Still no change. Reading the shop manual, there appear to be a couple of other possible sources of the problem: the G-sensor (used in the anti-roll logic), and the steering position sensor. The manual doesn't cover how those inputs are used but I suspect the steering position is used to predict differential wheel speeds and allow slip while turning. If the G-sensor was bad, it might think the vehicle was starting to roll and brake the outer wheels.

It isn't throwing any codes that I can see, and the behavior was present before I upgraded the front struts/springs so I don't think that was a factor. BTW, it does'nt do it while in Neutral coasting. Any ideas (Matt)?