Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JeepinByAl A-Arms

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Nice! Definately going to need these. I just got new tires a few weeks back and dont want to have the same issues with the outter lugs wearing faster due to not being able to get it aligned properly.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    ruquik,
    when you had the OEM UCA out, before installing the JBA A-Arms, any chance you took any photos of them together for a side by side comparision? Just wondering. They look pretty heavy compared to OEM one in these two photos.

I know these are set up to have joint easily replaceable, but I wondering if you have any of these failing? are would the joint be easily replaceable on the trail?

With front sway bar disconnected, these joints would be taking all the stress at the max downward travel limit. I just wonder if these are set up to hand this stress? i know they fix the angle issues, which is nice and helps relieve the normal stresses on this area, but its the offroad aspect that i am interested learning more about.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Well the balljoints are H1,3/4 ton GM

No failures

4 bolts and the large nut

I think the strut on your lift is still the limiting factor, not the ball joint

-Brad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information