Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording your off road adventures

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

Recording your off road adventures

Hey, for those of you who have dash cams of some sort, what is your setup? Do you take video with a camcorder or smartphone? What kind of mount do you use (other than the passenger!)? Post some pics!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I hope this means you'll be heading off of the paved path soon

I hope so! When are WE going???
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Depends on your vacation week. Any updates? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Well, our Mexican road trip is starting to take shape for the very end of July and into August. This is going to get tricky with your action-packed June/July schedule. I guess we'll play it by ear for now.

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Picked up a used Go Pro with a bunch of mounts and extra D cards and batteries for $150.00.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

That's pretty cool, but I'd be afraid of tree branches and what-not knocking that off.

Anyone use something that's dash mounted?

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    You could mount a GoPro on the inside if you're worried it would get knocked off. Also, those GoPros are supposed to be pretty tough.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

One of my buddies had a gopro last trip. It was call but I didn't like how there was barely any sound.... that took away from the wow factor because you couldnt hear the engine race or the tires screeching on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Update: The last weekend of July has opened up for me! What's it look like for you?

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information