Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bantamfest 2013!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Thumbs up

With four small kids, bigger is BETTER (Commander, Ramcharger) in my book... but that's not to say TJ's, YJ's, JK's etc, aren't interesting - ESPECIALLY the ones that roll into an event like this! Here's a few that caught my eye, for various reasons.

This one even turned #1 son's head!

Ruger Firearms' Jeep!

Guns & Jeeps ARE a good combo!

My picture doesn't do the paintjob on this one justice!

I REALLY love the rack setup on the back of this one!

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Of course, it's hard to have a Jeep gathering, WITHOUT noting their military history. Bantamfest was started for that very reason. LOTS of restored military Jeeps, and military-themed Jeeps were out in force!

I think the Boombox was optional on this model...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

MORE military Jeeps!

Not QUITE "G.I.," but nicely-themed!

Our English cousin! Some sort of "Rover," from the early 50's, I think...

And finally, GREAT-Great-Grandpa - the progenitor of us all. A Bantam Jeep.

Lightbulb

EWWWWWWwwww... DIRTY Jeeps!

LOTS of crowd, even at 4 in the afternoon - I'm sure it only got MORE crowded as the night came on, and the parade began. Passed a LOTTA Jeeps headed north, while we were heading back to Pittsburgh.

Southern end of festivities, looking north (we were parked on the FAR north end)

A little north of the center of town, looking southward.

When we first arrived, looking south.

NO shortage of XJ's and WJ's!

But as my first four wheeling experience, was in a high school buddy's CJ-5, I always have a soft spot for those. This is an '80 model - my buddy's was an '81, but was this exact same color! His had aftermarket rims that were close to this, but it's practically a dead ringer for my first four wheel ride.

A nicely displayed '74.

This might've been the best LOOKING Jeep of the show, though. Clean enough you could eat off of it!

AMC... I remember them!

Cool

And of course, LOTS of classic AMC & Willys iron - especially Jeepsters, trucks, and wagons!

This one was particularly sharp!

It was refit with a lot of modern amenities. I'm not sure on the engine, but it now has A/C!!!

Lightbulb

Of course, EVERY event like this has your Good, Bad, Ugly, and WTF?!?! kinda vehicles.

The Good.

Classic NON-Jeep iron!

Awesome Comanche set-up!

The BAD (azz!)

And the UGLY!

I have NO clue what this is... or was... but it was here, so I snapped a pic of it.

And the... WHUH?!?!?

Why?

And THEN there was the gal with all the toy/stuffed dogs bolted to her TJ. I had the camera aimed and centered... and... couldn't do it. I'm sure even Compass owners would rightly shun such a person...

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Man marks xk really is starting to make me jealous... Hopefully ill have mine looking like that one day!
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Great Photos !!
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    Great Photos !!
    I'd of made MORE, save for my son trying to get me to hurry up & go!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information