hey guys I went off road yesterday here in central florida and traveled through a lot of water. tried to go across a long three foot puddle that had a huge dip mid way. when the front end dipped down, i sucked in water and hydrolocked. got pulled out went back to the camp site and pulled all the spark plugs out of the 4.7. cranked the engine, big water sprays, wd40, cranked again, put sparks plugs back in, and kept on trekking. here is the youtube of the first crank, spraying the water out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8aKIVict_ps
if you cant copy and paste, in youtube, type in: orlando jeep club, hydrolock repair on the trail and see the video of the water spraying out. commanders are amazing. now the only problem is the two inches of water inside the cabin. we dont have "real" floor drain plugs. tried to remove the oem ones, even hammer them out, and no go. instead i drilled 3/8 holes and plugged them with polyurethane hole plug. now any ideas on how to get the water out of the inside cabin from the carpet and the underlying foam that are both completely soaked?