The wiring is contained in plastic trays along the sides. (Door sill area) The floor should be clear of anything important.

If you yank the carpet out, you might consider using rubberized coating such as for boat flooring. I used the stuff in one of my fishing boats, and it was great. It's non-slip, and tough, and has a somewhat "soft" feel to it. It's not like rock-hard undercoating, although you could apply that as well. (You can buy kits)

That Gatorade spillage reminds of a guy that used to work here. He had a drinking problem, and we found booze bottles hidden in the ceiling tiles after he was canned. One of the last straws was his spilling peach brandy on the floor of a Ford van. It's impossible to get cleaned up. (Rubber mat) I'd drive it, and when I'd go to use the brakes, my shoe would be stuck to the floor, and I'd be panicked while trying to rip my foot loose from the floor. The smell was nauseating too. Finally, one of the guys had to remove the whole floor mat and pressure wash it. (Which required removing the seats etc.)