Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing carpet

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar

Removing carpet

What do you guys think about removing the carpet in my jeep? I spilt fruit punch Gatorade and there is a big stain.. Are there a lot of wires running under it? I have the husky floor liners if that would help the look. And I would bedline the metal as well.
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I wouldnt do it unless you planned on wheeling in water often, there really isnt any other benefit to removing it. As far as a stain goes clean it as much as possible then dye it
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

And I also live on the beach.. I'm constantly getting sand everywhere and it gets dirty so quick. Even with the floor liners
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    It's an easy enough experiment.... We need this guy to come back and post some pictures:
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...x-on-the-trail

There's a guy on the wk&xk page on Facebook that's about to send me some pics lol.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's probably him. Damn all you FB fanboys

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Kyle send those pics my way. I'm going to pull my carpet this summer
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue27 View Post
    What do you guys think about removing the carpet in my jeep? I spilt fruit punch Gatorade and there is a big stain.. Are there a lot of wires running under it? I have the husky floor liners if that would help the look. And I would bedline the metal as well.
    You have Husky liners and still have stains? Are you drinking Gatorade from a 55 gallon drum???

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    You have Husky liners and still have stains? Are you drinking Gatorade from a 55 gallon drum???

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    Long story lol. I was cleaning the jeep one day and I went to vacuum but realized I used the vac to suck out some overflow water from the ac unit in my attic. I didn't feel like getting it down so I just drove to the car wash to vacuum it there. And on the way there I spilt the Gatorade!! Haha.

And will do Adam!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    The wiring is contained in plastic trays along the sides. (Door sill area) The floor should be clear of anything important.

If you yank the carpet out, you might consider using rubberized coating such as for boat flooring. I used the stuff in one of my fishing boats, and it was great. It's non-slip, and tough, and has a somewhat "soft" feel to it. It's not like rock-hard undercoating, although you could apply that as well. (You can buy kits)

That Gatorade spillage reminds of a guy that used to work here. He had a drinking problem, and we found booze bottles hidden in the ceiling tiles after he was canned. One of the last straws was his spilling peach brandy on the floor of a Ford van. It's impossible to get cleaned up. (Rubber mat) I'd drive it, and when I'd go to use the brakes, my shoe would be stuck to the floor, and I'd be panicked while trying to rip my foot loose from the floor. The smell was nauseating too. Finally, one of the guys had to remove the whole floor mat and pressure wash it. (Which required removing the seats etc.)
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information