OK - went to Radio Shack last night, and got my last strand of co-ax for this install. It was hot, muggy, stormy, and late when I got home - all BAD combos trying to adjust and ANTENNA, so I'm gonna hafta get back after that on another day. Here's what I spent the BETTER part of Monday doing, though.

The old mounting spot was just too flimsy, but now I'm left with holes in my plastic! Got these little doo-dads at Lowe's.

Supposed to plug a hole in a Nissan, according to the instructions, but they work nicely in a Jeep, too! (Still gotta scrub that permanent marker off, too...)

Decided to mout it here instead - much sturdier mounting point, although I hate making MORE holes in the dash.

That, and these screws SUCK! I went back and got different ones later in the day, but no pics of THEM installed.

As for the SCANNER antenna, well, that's a Larsen, and I stuck it on the side of the hood, just as lekmedm did with his CB antenna.

Completely forgot to take a picture of the antenna in place... D'OHHH! Oh well, something for a future post!