I don't know that much about the HK's other than I like them, they receive lots of rave reviews, and they're a bit pricey. I did however go the Top Gun here in Houston and fired this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32468 and am desperately in love now. It fits my hand perfectly and was incredibly accurate...especially considering that I'm pretty rusty. At 17 yards I put 4 through the head, 2 neck shots (grazed) 3 misses, and the other 7 in the upper chest area. And I was only aiming for the head so I can see where the shots landed as the other 34 rounds kinda messed up the chest area. Paper target used as I couldn't find a Zombie or Crack Head to volunteer...

But as a note, I was really set on a 45 cal until I went and handled a bunch of guns and fired the one that I liked the best. I recommended doing the same, go, feel, shoot, drool on, caress, and buy the gun that you or the wife truly wants.

At the range there was a cute asian lady taller than most and the 6" heels helped, short shorts, and a tight shirt...little thin, but very pleasant to look at. She had a $1500 (Kahr I believe) pistol, guys there said he was an avid gun owner who loved to shoot. She had a grouping the size of a baseball with all 50 rounds at I believe 17 yards...course she may have had it set at 12...but I was impressed. And it helped that she drives a hemi powered Chrysler 300. Wife looked at me funny when I came home and told her..."Honey go buy some heels, we're going to the range!!!"

J