Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
Gander Mountain is selling a S & W .40 w/laser for $399..........Is this a good deal? I did a little research on this gun and have gotten mixed reviews. I know that the earlier versions had issues jamming, ect. but, all the reviews I've read about the current model are praising this gun. Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power?
I do not know anything about the gun so I cannot tell you if it is a good or bad weapon...

Your second question: Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power? accuracy is solely dependent upon the shooter, a 9mm & 40 mm are exactly the same accuracy as each other, the question is can the shooter be accurate with both guns? to answer that she will have to shoot the guns. The 9mm will have far less recoil and therefore be faster to regain target and be more accurate for someone with little strength or experience.

As to power, the 40 is a much more powerful gun than the 9mm but compensation can be made by adjusting the type of ammo you leave in the gun. must people practice with cheap ammo and then carry with a different type depending on it's purpose. I carry with hollow-points but I do not waste money by shooting that for practice.