Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The begginers' handgun.......??

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Hobo, those HKs are nice, how do they perform?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchin hobo View Post
    Brendon, what's the manufacturer and model number of that 1911??? I've always been a fan of them and that looks perfect for what I'd be doing with it.

However, I am also salivating over these two HK's : http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...ct_general.asp and http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...pc_general.asp

The 1911 is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II - it's a fantastic little 1911. It maintains a 7+1 capacity even though it's a compact size 1911

If you're looking at HK's another one to check out is the P2000 http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...sk_general.asp - I have heard very good things about this gun in the V2 variant; though I have never handled or shot any of the HK's

Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    The 1911 is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II - it's a fantastic little 1911. It maintains a 7+1 capacity even though it's a compact size 1911

If you're looking at HK's another one to check out is the P2000 http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...sk_general.asp - I have heard very good things about this gun in the V2 variant; though I have never handled or shot any of the HK's
    I like the Kimber line but, I also like these.......

M9

HK USP Compact

Berreta Rafica <----------Badass!

2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

I don't know that much about the HK's other than I like them, they receive lots of rave reviews, and they're a bit pricey. I did however go the Top Gun here in Houston and fired this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32468 and am desperately in love now. It fits my hand perfectly and was incredibly accurate...especially considering that I'm pretty rusty. At 17 yards I put 4 through the head, 2 neck shots (grazed) 3 misses, and the other 7 in the upper chest area. And I was only aiming for the head so I can see where the shots landed as the other 34 rounds kinda messed up the chest area. Paper target used as I couldn't find a Zombie or Crack Head to volunteer...

But as a note, I was really set on a 45 cal until I went and handled a bunch of guns and fired the one that I liked the best. I recommended doing the same, go, feel, shoot, drool on, caress, and buy the gun that you or the wife truly wants.

At the range there was a cute asian lady taller than most and the 6" heels helped, short shorts, and a tight shirt...little thin, but very pleasant to look at. She had a $1500 (Kahr I believe) pistol, guys there said he was an avid gun owner who loved to shoot. She had a grouping the size of a baseball with all 50 rounds at I believe 17 yards...course she may have had it set at 12...but I was impressed. And it helped that she drives a hemi powered Chrysler 300. Wife looked at me funny when I came home and told her..."Honey go buy some heels, we're going to the range!!!"

J

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    You guys just had to post that picture of the "PINK" gun. Now guess what Princess Lee wants. Yep, They also have a revolver with a pink stock on Gander Mountain. Thanks a lot guys.........
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchin hobo View Post
    I don't know that much about the HK's other than I like them, they receive lots of rave reviews, and they're a bit pricey. I did however go the Top Gun here in Houston and fired this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/32468 and am desperately in love now. It fits my hand perfectly and was incredibly accurate...especially considering that I'm pretty rusty. At 17 yards I put 4 through the head, 2 neck shots (grazed) 3 misses, and the other 7 in the upper chest area. And I was only aiming for the head so I can see where the shots landed as the other 34 rounds kinda messed up the chest area. Paper target used as I couldn't find a Zombie or Crack Head to volunteer...

But as a note, I was really set on a 45 cal until I went and handled a bunch of guns and fired the one that I liked the best. I recommended doing the same, go, feel, shoot, drool on, caress, and buy the gun that you or the wife truly wants.

At the range there was a cute asian lady taller than most and the 6" heels helped, short shorts, and a tight shirt...little thin, but very pleasant to look at. She had a $1500 (Kahr I believe) pistol, guys there said he was an avid gun owner who loved to shoot. She had a grouping the size of a baseball with all 50 rounds at I believe 17 yards...course she may have had it set at 12...but I was impressed. And it helped that she drives a hemi powered Chrysler 300. Wife looked at me funny when I came home and told her..."Honey go buy some heels, we're going to the range!!!"J
    LOL! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'll have to try that line and see what she says. LOL......

Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    You guys just had to post that picture of the "PINK" gun. Now guess what Princess Lee wants. Yep, They also have a revolver with a pink stock on Gander Mountain. Thanks a lot guys.........

No problem, that's what we're here for. LOL.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Any updates on your search for the perfect weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Any updates on your search for the perfect weapon?
    Actually, I will be heading over to my local range today to find out about their ccw course and possibly set an appointment. Also, next weekend os the gun show at our fairgrounds. So, i will keep you guys updated ASAP.

So far it I'm looking at the Kimberly 1911, Ruger .45, and the M9. And, for an ankle piece my buddy has a Keltec .380 that he likes a lot.

PS- The HK line is nice also. Just gotta try and shoot them all to see which one "feels" right.
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 09-04-2010 at 08:07 AM.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    And, for an ankle piece my buddy has a Keltec .380 that he likes a lot.
    This is a good emergency gun, but do not count on it for dependability or accuracy.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    This is a good emergency gun, but do not count on it for dependability or accuracy.
    Exactly, He usually carries a Glock.

I stopped by the range today with my better half and spoke to one of the guys there, he was really cool and friendly. He basically gave her instructions on how to look for "her" gun and how each one functions, ect. The CCW certificate coarse runs $65+ tax and is all inclusive. Meaning: 1 hour of classroom basics, gun rental, ammunition 25 rounds, range rental, certificate fees, ect.... so, that's not a bad price I think. He did recomend we she takes a beginner's hand gun class that runs around $80 total. He suggested she starts with a .22 and work her way up as she feels more comfortable shooting. The best thing is she can get a discount at the range because she's considered a Federal Officer at her work. $5 range fee! WOOT! LOL.....

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information