Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The begginers' handgun.......??

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Sounds like you found decent pricing for training. What state are you in, IamJEEP?

Are you looking at the Ruger P90 (.45)? I have one of those, I like it, but haven't touched it since getting my 1911. Just about any 1911 will treat you well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I'm in South Florida.

I'm leaning towards the 1911s, but will try others to see which one we Like better.

Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    Sounds like you found decent pricing for training. What state are you in, IamJEEP?

Are you looking at the Ruger P90 (.45)? I have one of those, I like it, but haven't touched it since getting my 1911. Just about any 1911 will treat you well.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Someone go get a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 and let me shoot it, please.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Look what I found.........

I don't know what would scare me more, the bullets or that big ass knife sticking out of the front!
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Someone go get a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 and let me shoot it, please.
    Come to WI - I'll let you shoot mine! I'm always looking for excuses to go shooting.

Good cheese, road trip, and a Kimber to shoot with good people...sounds like a good time.

J

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Beginners Gun........
    Name:  texas-long-barrell-rubber-band-gun.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.2 KB

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    IamJEEP,
    My wife and i about a year or so back went through this exact same dilemma. We both first took our ccw at the central FL fairgrounds (in orlando). We both had little to NO experience with firearms. Just so you have some numbers to reference, We spent $140 EACH on our CCW. Then spent $75 for a private lesson with a NRA certified instructor. I recommend doing the same. We shot a .22 revolver at the CCW class and then a .22 semi auto at the private lesson.
    Fast forward to today... We both carry our own firearm that we selected on our own which we both felt most comfortable with. I ended up with a Springfield Armory XD-40 (fullsize) and my wife carries a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver with laser and a third home defense shotgun.
    Another important issue with being married was that we both felt good about picking up eachothers gun and firing it without any extra thought. This was more important that she was comfortable with mine than hers as she has much smaller hands than i do.
    I personally Love my XD and would recommend it to anyone. I have also had a lot of luck with Glocks. If you can find someone you know that would be willing to take you to the range and use their firearms that might help in your decisions. Good luck and if your in the central florida area let me know...

Curtis

Thanks Curtis for your input. My girlfriend has been showing less interest lately so, I haven't messed with the ccw courses. If she doesn't show interest before Xmas, I will do it all on my own. My bro-in-law has 5 different handguns that he will let me shoot so, I can see what's best for me. I have a smaller grip than most but so does he, I think his guns will for me well. This has been pushed back on the list of things to do but, its still something that will be done. Keep an eye out for updates when I finally give this topic 100%.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Look what I found.........

I don't know what would scare me more, the bullets or that big ass knife sticking out of the front!
    That is awsome. I want one!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information