I never thought I would do this but I traded in my Commander for a 2014 Grand Cherokee with hemi engine and the new 8 speed transmission. This difference in acceleration between my 4.7 Commander and this is night and day. This new one is like driving a Corvette. Exceptional power. So far I'm getting better gas milage. I turned over 600 miles today and bought in on Monday the 22nd.
On the way to make the trade I turned over 77,000 on my 07 Commander that I bought new in July of 08 when the price of oil was $147 a barrel and no one wanted a big box V8. The Commander has been a dream vehicle and performed flawlessly for me as I drove her around the county visiting numerous National Parks in several states and several trips to the beaches in Florida. My bucket list is no where near completed and I wanted a new vehicle as I figured in another year or so I would have 1000,000. Some would say that's not much and maybe so but when they reach that magic number ther trade in value goes down. It will be a month before I figure out all the gadgets,widgets and accessoris on this Grand. I told the salesman I wished I was trading for a new Commander instead of the Grand. I never really warmed up to the rear end design, but after driving it for 5 days I've changed my mind.
I just hope this vehicle is as reliable as my Commander was. Except for the clogged sunroof drains which I fixed she was virtually trouble free. Extra fine vehicle which I was very proud to drive.

I see this forum is for both the Commander and the Grand Cherokee but I do not see any Grand threads. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

As a personal note I'v had a drivers license for 53 years and have never owned a foreign car/truck and each one had never let me down. I would never consider a foreign vehicle expecially one from Japan. I am of the generation that is still Pissed about Pearl Harbor. I am a maintence freek and it paid off. This is my 4th Jeep. I sill have a 96 Xj sitting in the driveway that runs like it was new. Never spent a dime on it except for tires and battery.
Nothing on the road screams American more than "JEEP".

Thank you and good night,
HT