Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knappster's Retirement Property

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Knappster's Retirement Property

So some of you have been following my retirement property search and final purchase on some other sites. We did close in June and know own 4.46 acres in Oregon.

We ended up buying next to a neighbor that isn't very pleasant. The day I purchased the land she met me at the fence and told me I could not drive on my own driveway, we are sure she is wrong but of course now we are in a legal battle over land issues that we had hoped to avoid. It appears that the person she purchased HER land from told her that the driveway on OUR land would not be used by the next owner (US), not sure how he thought he had the right to tell her that but now she is certain that we cannot use our own driveway so we had to hire a lawyer to tell he what's going to happen.

Lots of great photos of the land to follow.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Crazy neighbor... oh boy. Does she have 47 cats to go along with her?

Be sure to have a B-I-G barbeque your first Saturday there. If she asks what you're grilling (because I'll bet she's a vegetarian), tell her, "Spotted Owl."

If that doesn't make her faint dead away, offer her some - tell her, "It tastes like a cross between Bald Eagle and Condor"...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Did you buy title insurance?

Have a surveyor come out and confirm the property lines.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Your own driveway as in the driveway that leads to your house? Is she on crack!?!?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I had something like that when I first bought my last house, just had the Realtor take care of it under the fact that this was not disclosed when I bought the property. The Realtor used their attorneys & got it straightened out very quickly.

Let me know when you move out to OR, its not far south of me & I can show you TSF where I go wheeling in OR.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Be sure to have a B-I-G barbeque your first Saturday there. If she asks what you're grilling (because I'll bet she's a vegetarian), tell her, "Spotted Owl."
    The other neighbors play their radios REAL loud to annoy her too.

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Did you buy title insurance? Have a surveyor come out and confirm the property lines.
    My lawyer is filing with the title insurance this week for them to sort it out. The property lines are not in question, she just does not want me to enjoy the full use of what is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Your own driveway as in the driveway that leads to your house? Is she on crack!?!?
    Yes, my existing driveway on vacant land (it used to be the driveway to the house on the original 15 acre parcel, when they split the lots that house put in a new driveway down the road).

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Let me know when you move out to OR, its not far south of me & I can show you TSF where I go wheeling in OR.
    Sounds like a plan.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Congrats Jon. Where in Oregon did you end up?
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    Congrats Jon. Where in Oregon did you end up?
    4.46 Acres in Josephine County, about 4 miles NW of Grants Pass. It is about 1.5 hours to the coast

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    4.46 Acres in Josephine County, about 4 miles NW of Grants Pass. It is about 1.5 hours to the coast
    You're about an hour and a half from my in-laws. When do you plan to be moving out there?
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    about 7hrs south of me.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information