Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
I don't know the fellow working on your jeep, so I'll leave that to you. I just have seen too many professionals very narrowly trained in a expertise with little to no ability to use that knowledge in a more general sense. It's my own past experience that triggered my short rant, and may have no relation to your situation.

Relays can sometimes become stuck and a gentle tap can return them to working order.

HIDs create a lot of line noise that may interfere with other systems. Do your HIDs come with noise suppressors? Mine did not (despite being a complete plugin kit). In my case this has created lots of interference with the radio, but no other known ill effects. This would not be a problem when the HIDs are off, as long as they didn't hurt anything permanently when they were on.

The guy that is working on my jeep is my wifes cousin & have known for a while, & worked on projects with him. I understand where you were coming from, just I would not let someone do this much work to my jeep unless I knew them or was a large shop that will have insurance to repair it. He has already built me several skids for the XK & almost done building a one off bumper for the front & will build one for the rear as well with a swing out tire carrier.