Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Coming from someone who loves working on cars, and did it for a living....... dont limit yourself to that career field! Trust me the LAST thing you're going to want to do after working on cars 11hrs a day all week is tinker on your own automotive projects on your day off. I enjoy working on my own and my friends cars so much more now that its not what I do for a living.

With that said, look into other trades that I believe are going to be in huge demand very soon. Plumbing, electricians and HVAC. I have friends in these trades who make really good bank because competition is weaning. Over the past ~20 years the "need" to go to college for a 4 year degree has been force fed down everyone's throats so rather than go into trade work people have been getting arts or social sciences degrees and now cant find work because they think they're too smart or "enlightened" to do any real work.

Edit: understanding that the above opinion is based on what I see in my little corner of the world.... so this could change a lot based on local factors

Thank you sir! I actually have a little bit of hvac experience working as an assistant with a company locally for while. I am going to be going to school full-time this fall for general studies and spring I am looking into the HVAC/R program offered at the local technicial school. Thanks for your help man!