Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Belly Skid/ Diablo InTune

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar

SA Belly Skid/ Diablo InTune

Jeep is pretty much sold, working out details and dropped price to get rid of it so Im taking a few things with me. Im selling the SA Belly skid which is like new, 1 wheeling trip but no damage. This skid, IMO, is a way better design than the 4xGuard and its a lot more stout. Retail is $200+ shipping, Id like $175 shipped or $145 picked up, OBO.
    Next is the DiabloInTune which is also like new and is unmarried to my XK. It has my custom tune stored so you could plug into your HEMI and chirp second if you'd like, or make your own tune or purchase a custom tune to your liking. You can do everything from diagnostics, change tire size and real time data. These retail for $380+shipping, I want $300 shipped, OBO. Ill post pics once I get everything off the Jeep tonight. Everything else Im taking off the Jeep Im keeping until further notice. Get my belly skid and Matts sliders and tackle all the fun stuff!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Is there anyway you could send me the custom tune? I have the inTune.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Wish I could afford that skid. My 4xguard is destroyed
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

It wouldn't hurt to mention that the inTune will work on XK/WK and a slew of other Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ford/Chevy vehicles.

You plug it into the vehicle, it reads the make/model/VIN/year..... info, then you take it to the computer and it downloads the available tunes off the net.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Does the XK version fit WKs? I heard there were some fitment issues and Omelet was test fitting a WK version.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Does the XK version fit WKs? I heard there were some fitment issues and Omelet was test fitting a WK version.
    Not sure what the issue was with Omelets (It hit his CATS), others have installed it with no issues.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    Is there anyway you could send me the custom tune? I have the inTune.
    No, sorry. Im not licensed or insured or anything like that and wouldnt want it to come back on me is something happens. The tune I did by myself while talking with a buddy of mine who does it

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Not sure what the issue was with Omelets (It hit his CATS), others have installed it with no issues.
    My cats hit it sometimes but thats because I have true dual exhaust with no Y pipe. Only in certain circumstances will it rub
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    No, sorry. Im not licensed or insured or anything like that and wouldnt want it to come back on me is something happens. The tune I did by myself while talking with a buddy of mine who does it
    That's OK, not sure the custom tune would be compatible anyway as I have a 2010. I believe you shared with me in a separate thread or PM a lot of details of the tune a while back and I had implemented them, but took them out when having issues with the O2 sensors. Now I am just running the out of the box mileage tune.

How did you store the settings into a separate custom tune? I can make custom changes to be applied on the spot, but have not figured out how to save them to be reapplied later.

I stored the tune, then downloaded to my computer like the factory tune does if you were to send it out for someone to change maps

where do you get the option to store it? Can you name it when you store it? How do you find the file to download to the computer? .... There is a whole aspect to this that I am missing.

When I want to install a tune:
    1) select one of the preset tune options
    2) select to modify/make changes to the tune if desired
    3) scroll through the menus to make those changes (fuel ratio / shift points / TPS adjustments.....)
    4) install the tune with the changes

If I choose to later install a different tune it will ask me if I want to keep my custom changes, so I know it is saving them somewhere, but I don't see how I have direct access to it. If I say yes to keep the changes, I can further modify the tune, but will be starting from the last changes I made.

If, at any time, I return the car to stock, those custom (self-made) changes are lost as far as I know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information