Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad pulley or what?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I think he's referring to the crank seal..
    found it, $7 lol
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Did you read my last post? I too have a 4.7 liter and have had that pulley off to replace the front main seal. The radiator doesn't need to come out.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Did you read my last post? I too have a 4.7 liter and have had that pulley off to replace the front main seal. The radiator doesn't need to come out.
    ah missed that post- im thinking i had it mized up. i called to get a price on the install and i know they have to remove the fan and stuff, mayeb i threw in radiator. im swinging by there this week to have them take a look.

how much was the dealer part?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

I can't remember the price but I know it wasn't all that expensive for the seal.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

timken or national is the brand that rockauto carries, as for the harmonic balancer the brand i found on rockauto is dorman.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

I prefer Timken but that's just me.

Found the source and fixed it in 3mins. Apparently the bolt closest to the firewall that holds the heat shield in place for the exhaust manifold has snapped off. So the heat shield was rattling against the manifold. I took a pry bar and pried it back enough so it wasn't making any contact- noise and rattling gone. So glad I just saved myself $250.

Now what's my move with this? Let it go? Idk how I'd repair this... Unless I replaced the manifolds and fixed it then.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Pull that manifold, weld a nut to what's left of the broken manifold stud and back it out. I had the same issue. It's very common for that bolt to snap on the 4.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information