Thread: Floor mats

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

Floor mats

I know that for the front that WK/XK mats are the same I think, but are they the same for the second row? There's some Weather Techs for an XK on CL here but I have a WK. Figured since they are the same platform, they should be interchangeable. Thoughts?
    09 WK Laredo 4x4 in Brilliant Black-Stock
    05 KJ LTD 4x4 in Light Khaki: Mopar hooks, All skids, Huskyliners, Diggerized license plate frame, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 in Java Black- 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Previous relevant vehicles: 05 Dodge Durango 4x2 Hemi Limited 99 WJ Laredo 4.0 SelecTrac

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Go to the Weather Tech site and check the part numbers for both the XK and WK. That should answer your question.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the tip- they are indeed the same. Actually they use WK pics for both of them.
    09 WK Laredo 4x4 in Brilliant Black-Stock
    05 KJ LTD 4x4 in Light Khaki: Mopar hooks, All skids, Huskyliners, Diggerized license plate frame, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 in Java Black- 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Previous relevant vehicles: 05 Dodge Durango 4x2 Hemi Limited 99 WJ Laredo 4.0 SelecTrac

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper View Post
    Thanks for the tip- they are indeed the same. Actually they use WK pics for both of them.
    Good to know - I GOTTA get some before the snow flies THIS winter! I've already replaced the floor pan in my Ramcharger - I'd like to hold off on the Jeep as LONG as possible!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

I have Weather Techs in my wife's Subaru and Huskys in the Jeep. I prefer the Husky liners.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    My buddy has the huskys in his Commander. I prefer the weathertech though!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Well, first off, I want to make it clear that I am talking about liners and not mats.

Weathertech makes a great product, but I've found a couple of shortcomings that prompted me to try a different product. This has to do primarily with the way people sit in the car. I have 2 issues with the WT liners. One is that regardless of how spot-on their fit is with the floor pans, people still push their feet on them and will find a way to slide them out of position, which opens up your carpet to get dirty. The driver's liner is an exception because it uses the hook on the floor to keep it in place. However, both front floor mats could really reach up the front floor well a bit farther for better coverage. That's issue number two. I can envision driving with muddy or slushy boots and resting my left foot on the side but over the lip of the liner. Anyway, that's how things look in the Subaru.

In the Jeep I thought I'd try the Husky liners to compare. They are also laser fit to the pans like WT. They have nibs on the back that grip the carpet, so no sliding around, and the front ones are longer, so there is more coverage up under the dash. On my 6,000 mile trip to Mexico and back, the liners worked out excellent. The down side to Husky is that they don't produce a third row liner - only a concern if you actually use the third row. I bought my set used from someone on JC.com who a WT third row liner. This works out just fine for my needs.

Both WT and Husky are great products. This is just my experience and POV. My 2 cents, as they say.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I hear you. I was referring to the liners and not the mats
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    You'll love 'em. Liners contain the melted snow and mud. I've had mine for years. They're color matched Husky, back floor included. They have a diamond plate pattern.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

I have the WT liners and have no problems with them moving at all. They pretty much stay put in the XK.
    The second row mat has no where to go so it stays pretty much where it belongs, despite the best efforts of my 10 yr old and 7 yr old to push it under the seat.

Thread Information