Thread: Defender Roof Rack and Lights (FINALLY) Installed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Not that I need a rack at the moment, but, damn, this has been banging around in my head...

So I have a few follow up questions:

1. How many mounts come in a box? I'm assuming 1 pair, so you ordered 3 pairs?
    2. What made you order the bolt together as opposed to the 1-piece?

I only have three total people to help me with my projects. Me, Myself and of course I ! The bolt together was shipped for free at the time and I had heard and I would tend to agree with that it is easier to lift up and install in 3 sections by myself.
    3. How strong is it? Dare I ask, are you able to stand on it?

I have crawled over it in the past and after your question yes I did go out and stand on it. Seams pretty solid, but I didn't do jumping jacks on it either LOL.

4. How has it been holding up?

So far so good. I did notice the other day that on the inside of one of the corners where the packing material had rubbed during shipment had started showing some signs of surface rust. I hit it with the rattle can. Other than that so far it is doing great! I had thought about spaying it with bedliner before I Installed it, but the extra cost at the time and the excitement to finally have the rack in my hands led to an installation at my first available free time!

I like how low it keeps to the roof as opposed to other racks that use the factory crossbars.
    I also liked that look.
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    I recently got the bolt together defender rack from pjmjr.

psycho787 I must admit I have a slight emotional attachment to your rack Lol.. I believe it was first owned by Gulf550 and it was on his rig that I first saw it and then made the decision that was the rack I would like to install on mine. He then sold it to superacerc (Gulf550 eventually got another one) who then sold the Rack to pjmjr! Its a special rack! I like and will follow your mods to your rack also.
    Last edited by 1USMC; 11-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Thread Information