Thread: Arizona Cardinals 2010 Season

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Arizona Cardinals 2010 Season

The Arizona Cardinals got off to a slow and rocky start against the Houston Texans. Tonight was the first preseason game for the Cardinals and I really wasn't expecting much so when we were down 16 to 0 I was not to surprised.

Matt Leinart did not come out with guns blazing as many of us had hoped and his back up QB Derek Anderson (an off season trade) was not much better. It was the third QB Rookie John Skelton who surprised all of us.

A touchdown with a blown conversion put us trailing 6 to 16 and you could image what the coaches were thinking (two touchdowns with conversions would have given us 16 points for the tie). On our next position we scored a second touchdown but again failed to capitalize on the conversion for a score of 12 to 16.

Now being down by four and only having less that ten minuets on the clock we were forced to get another touchdown but based on the first three quarters that was highly unlikely. But wait... John Skelton was still playing the game to secure his position on the team and he threw another touchdown which with the extra point put us ahead 19 to 16.

Now all we had to do was keep the Texans from scoring a field goal to tie the game, which of course we did with only 10 seconds left on the clock to record the first game of the season and first home game as a win.

Season is looking good but it is up in the air as too who will be the QB in my opinion.

Section 120, Row 10, Seat 1 - Season Ticket Holder!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    last year i had tickets to see the cardinals. they were sitting on the dash of my car. someone broke into my car, i was sooooo pissed when i realized what happened, they left 2 more tickets for me... ugh!
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I know there are not a lot of Cardinals fans (or even football fans) on here, but did you see the Cardinals beat the Bears? The Cardinals just might pull it together again this year!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Finally official: Cardinals, Leinart part ways

by Adam Green/Sports 620 KTAR (September 4th, 2010 @ 4:40pm)

TEMPE, Ariz. - While it would have shocked everyone just a couple of weeks ago, the Arizona Cardinals not surprisingly waived quarterback Matt Leinart Saturday.

The Cardinals told Leinart that they would release him Saturday and informed rookie Max Hall that he would be the No. 2 quarterback.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt described the move as a win-win for for Leinart and the Cardinals at a press conference Saturday.

"For both parties I think this was the best direction to go, for everybody concerned," Whisenhunt said. "I feel like it's the best situation for our team, and ultimately that was what the deciding factor was."

The team is working to get to the 53-player roster limit, and though Leinart survived the first round of cuts Friday he apparently was not ready to accept being the backup in Arizona.

"In fairness to Matt, I think that it's just that it would be a tough situation for him to be in a backup role," Whisenhunt said. "Maybe a fresh start for him is what would be a good thing, for all of us."

A fear of losing rookie quarterbacks John Skelton and Max Hall played a role in the decision to cut Leinart.

"I think young quarterbacks in this league are hard to find, especially ones that you're excited about," Whisenthunt said.

Leinart, who entered training camp as the starter, lost his job to free agent pickup Derek Anderson before the team's third pre-season game against the Bears.

Upon losing his starter's role Leinart, who finished the exhibition campaign 22 of 28 for 175 yards and one touchdown, voiced frustration and questioned Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt's motives.

But, the coach and player talked Monday and said they cleared the air, but even after Thursday's game Leinart said he was not sure what the future held for him in Arizona.

"I have no idea," he said. "It's just one of those things, something I can't control, so we'll see."

The 27-year-old Leinart, who was drafted by the Cards 10th overall in 2006, finished his career in Arizona with 3,893 yards, 14 touchdowns and 20 interceptions. Most assumed he would be the team's starting quarterback, a role he ascended to in his rookie season, but ultimately lost the job to Kurt Warner in 2008 and Anderson this season.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Cardinals 17 / Raiders 13

I missed the game but was glad to see the final score! Looks like we are off to a good start again this year. I do wish we still had Warner but believe Anderson has what it takes if he can settle down and concentrate on his passing a little more.

Our back up QB, Max Hall is good as well so I see a bright future for this team if they can keep playing as a team.

Thread Information