Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: H53Ecrewchief's garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Adam probably disconnected the the UCA bolt to drop the axle down further.

I throw the compressors on with my air ratchet to make quick work of it. The rear springs are easy to compress.

Once the front struts are assembled they don't need to be compressed again to be installed unless you have an additional spacer (like the RC) on top.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Adam probably disconnected the the UCA bolt to drop the axle down further.

I throw the compressors on with my air ratchet to make quick work of it. The rear springs are easy to compress.

Once the front struts are assembled they don't need to be compressed again to be installed unless you have an additional spacer (like the RC) on top.
    Funny enough, I disconnected both rear UCA's, didn't really have to compress the springs too much though.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yes I always disconnect the drivers side UCA at the axle when I work on the rear. And Andrew we had a different issue with your front coils. The upper strut place wasn't mounted correctly and we had to compress the springs to turn it a hair to line up properly. They are talking about using spring compressors to help get the springs in the XK
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 02-05-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Oh ok got it! Yea besides that everything went together easy
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yup always does when you have experience and air tools!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Yup always does when you have experience and air tools!
    Yeah my recent install with Matt went extremely smooth. I cant imagine it without air tools lol...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I've done it before. Just takes a lot longer.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for all the tips guys, pretty much all the parts are in now and I had the struts assembled today. I'm going to try to get the rear done before work tomorrow then get the front done on Friday. I still wont have the tires until saturday.

Member Looking for Dirt
    As of Sunday my lift redo and tire/wheel swap was complete. It was a pain to get done, especially alone and in the cold, but it was well worth it. Thanks to everyone for your advice, I don't think I could be any happier with the way it turned out. Great call, Matt, on the wheel and tire sizes. Everything fits perfectly and looks great, I love the way it rides, and it really looks lifted now. I had to smile a little bit on my way to work Sunday when I drove past an H3 on the highway and was looking down at it rather than up. I cant wait to see how much better it will do off road. I'll get a few pictures up later this week.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Glad we could help with everything. ... looking forward to them pictures!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information