Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H53Ecrewchief's garage

Member Looking for Dirt

H53Ecrewchief's garage

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself while simultaneously starting up my garage thread. I came over from the other XK forum where I have been a member for quite a while but haven't been very active for the last couple of years (posted there under a different screen name). My interest in upgrading/moding my jeep has been reignited recently and I found this forum a couple of weeks ago. Now on to my Jeep.

'06 65th anniversary, approx. 80K miles

List of current mods & upgrades:
    MOPAR bull bar with 6" PIAA off road pattern lights
    2" Rough Country lift
    255/65 Cooper ATRs
    stock wheels painted black
    Surco safari roof rack
    tail light guards
    grab handles
    OEM front skid plate
    4XGuard belly guard
    Rusty's Chrysler 8.25 rear diff skid plate
    Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler
    K&N drop in
    optima red top
    Infinity Reference speakers
    POLK Audio amp
    shorty antenna

My wife recently, although reluctantly, agreed to let me finally get the superlift, after years of asking, when our financial and life situation stabilizes a little bit more( we are currently waiting to close on a new house and expecting our third child in December). However, I have since decided to put the money I would spend on that project toward a dedicated trail rig so that I can do more hardcore wheeling with some of the local 4X4 groups and not pound my XK which is my daily driver. I still plan on wheeling the XK until this new project comes to fruition and on lighter trail runs, and I plan on more upgrades to the XK until then. This forum is great and I have learned a lot as I have been formulating some of those plans over the last couple of weeks, but for every question answered I seem to have 2 more so I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot more from me over the next few months. I'm going to start slowly buying parts now and accumulating them over the next few months so I can do the work all at once next spring and don't have to foot the entire bill all at once.
    So far my plan involves:
    Upgrade to OME HD springs and struts and replacing any wearable suspension parts while I'm at it. Other than the RC lift all suspension components are original and have over 80K on them.
    RRO leveling spacer
    Monroe load leveling shocks.
    Tires (255/75, will search for best pricing, etc... at the time I'm ready to buy and decide on exact tire then. was going to go M/T but AT may be more appropriate since I plan on getting the trail rig anyway)
    Wheels, probably Pro Comp 7033

Thanks for checking out my garage thread, I know its a long post. I'll try to get a few pics up later.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey man welcome to the forum! Don't be shy about asking questions here.... if anyone tries to yell at your for "not searching" it means they haven't been here long and will get a hand slapping

Sounds like you have some good plans! Have any pics of the XK in its current state?

And congrats on the upcoming baby! We just had our 3rd this past summer. If you need tips on how to get 3 carseats in the back of your XK, you've come to the right place lol.

Where are you from?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Welcome, where ya from?
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ... if anyone tries to yell at your for "not searching" it means they haven't been here long....

Where are you from?
    Yep, good ol' 5352 really ruins the atmosphere over there and doesn't understand why.

Anyway, welcome, dude! Make yourself at home, and do tell the general whereabouts of your homebase.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    lol i wasn't calling anyone out in-particular. They're kinda brutal on JF.

Member Looking for Dirt
    A few pics from a wheeling trip last year, don't think its changed since then.

Far left

Member Looking for Dirt
    I live in Milwaukee, WI. Moving out of the city next month though. Matt, our oldest doesn't need a seat anymore so it'll only be two, but if my wife gets her way we might need your advice on the three seats sometime in the future.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum !! You might see a few others that have migrated over here also. Time = Wisdom.. LOl.
    Great photos !, Looks like you have a lot of exciting things going on in your life , Congrats ! And we look forward to seeing your rigs grow.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Welcome.

I love that photo. Now, that's what Jeeps are supposed to look like!! Plastered in filth!! When you can't see the headlights anymore: job = complete.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Welcome & great pics
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information