Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: H53Ecrewchief's garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    Getting antsy to start working on the jeep again. I'm going to start buying parts so when it gets a little warmer I can start throwing them on. The only problem-I can't decide exactly what I want to do with the rear suspension. I'm set on the front, going with OME HD and RR leveling spacer. I've got a bunch of ideas for possibilities on the rear just want some of you guys' opinions. I want the jeep to be level or have a little bit of the stock rake, just don't want it to be squatting back. Torn between the OME shocks or the Monroe load levelers, I'd like the little bit of a boost the monroes would give but some of the pics I've seen on the forum almost make it look like it lifts the rear too much. For coils I was thinking OME HD. JBA, just not sure how they would compare to the OME, I'd hate to spend the extra money if they don't really lift a full 2.5". Or maybe even OME MD springs and keep the RC rear spacer for about 3" of lift? Any opinions or pros/cons to a certain one of these set ups that anyone knows of. I haven't seen anyone running anything other than the basic budget spacer kits in person so I/m having trouble deciding based on pics alone. I know some people have used a 4" coil but from what I remember they all carried heavy loads in the back which I don't. Could be a possibility though. Please help me decide!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H53Ecrewchief View Post
    Getting antsy to start working on the jeep again. I'm going to start buying parts so when it gets a little warmer I can start throwing them on. The only problem-I can't decide exactly what I want to do with the rear suspension. I'm set on the front, going with OME HD and RR leveling spacer. I've got a bunch of ideas for possibilities on the rear just want some of you guys' opinions. I want the jeep to be level or have a little bit of the stock rake, just don't want it to be squatting back. Torn between the OME shocks or the Monroe load levelers, I'd like the little bit of a boost the monroes would give but some of the pics I've seen on the forum almost make it look like it lifts the rear too much. For coils I was thinking OME HD. JBA, just not sure how they would compare to the OME, I'd hate to spend the extra money if they don't really lift a full 2.5". Or maybe even OME MD springs and keep the RC rear spacer for about 3" of lift? Any opinions or pros/cons to a certain one of these set ups that anyone knows of. I haven't seen anyone running anything other than the basic budget spacer kits in person so I/m having trouble deciding based on pics alone. I know some people have used a 4" coil but from what I remember they all carried heavy loads in the back which I don't. Could be a possibility though. Please help me decide!
    Well, Matt and I just installed a modified OME HD lift on my XK and aside from a SL I think it is the best lift for the money. The front is OME HD Springs and Struts + Strut Spacer. Rear is OME HD Springs + RC Spacer. I love the feel of this stiffer suspension and I am so glad we did it. I am excited to test it out on the trails. Plus the painted silver suspension makes the XK look much more modified!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Definitely check out Corey's XK. You could pretty much match what he did and easily get the results you're looking for.

Depending on what you're looking for I think there are better shock options for the rear than OME. Hell there's a nice set of Fox resi shocks for sale on Jeepforum right now... you should snatch them up!

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the suggestions, I think that's exactly what I'll do. Your XK is lookin great Corey. I'm glad to know the HD springs will work with the RC rear spacer, It will be a lot cheaper than buying any of the JBA springs. Any other mods necessary to get it to work? Extended brake lines(I plan on doing that anyway) or sway bar end links for a 4" lift? Going that route should I get longer shocks geared more towards 4" lift? Also, can you still do the bump stop extension mod with that setup? Sorry for the rapid fire questions.

Rear brake line extensions are recommended, especially if you're getting longer shocks. Shocks that are in the 28-28.5" extended length range are ideal for maximizing rear travel.

You'll want to trim the gas tank skid so the rear uca doesn't hit.

The oem sway bar links will work but its best to either buy a set of superlift rear links or JKS2001 disconnects.

Bumps stops can & should be put on, especially if you're putting big tires on an plan to offroad.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Can anyone confirm that these are the correct sway bar end links? Superlift Suspension 55-29-3400 RR SWAYBAR LINK BRKT HUMMER H2

For the OME coils with RC spacer does the extended bump stop mod that others have done work, or do you think the JBA 4" bump stops would work?

Yes those are the ones I was going to order.

For the bump stop expension the RC spacer actually helps. Throw a 3" body lift block on there and you're set. FYI you'll need spring compressors to get the rear coil springs in.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Sweet, thanks for all the help. I hope to have some parts on order later today.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Awesome I cant wait to see the new mods!! As you can see I let Matt do all of the talking. I have him trained like that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    Got everything I need to do the rear on order this afternoon. Now I'm excited to get this done but the way the weathers been lately its going to be a while before its warm enough to sit outside and turn a wrench all day. Wheels, tires, and front suspension next to be ordered, I just hope my wife doesn't kill me before I get the chance to get it all finished.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information