Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: H53Ecrewchief's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Here's a link to Matt's write-up which also has the extended bolt size shown:

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ll=1#post33951
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the link, I'm guessing I'll just need 2" longer than that to get through the RC spacer.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That'd be too long. Probably only a half inch longer..... remember the RC spacer cups around the bump stop bulge.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thats true, I'll figure it out when the time comes. Hopefully it warms up soon so I can get some stuff done. I've got everything I should need on order and I'm getting excited. Just not looking forward to that lower strut bolt, it was a beast last time.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Bought my wheels yesterday afternoon from 4wheelonline.com, had to work until 4am this morning and when I woke up this afternoon they were already sitting on the doorstep. Very happy with my purchase from them and recommend if your looking for wheels.

Member Looking for Dirt
    The superlift sway bar links came in today and are not quite what I expected.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swa.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	2229Are these the wrong part or does superlift not send the full assembly with the kit? Trying to find the other end online but can't find anything but full end links.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    That's definitely not the full link. I purchased another member's old SL links and they have the bushing on one end, with a uniball on the sway bar end. I'll try and post a pic soon.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks Ross, I just talked to the guy at superlift, don't bother spending your time trying to get a picture up. I appreciate it though. He basically said they don't list the parts for the full assembly that comes with the kit, just the part number for the partial assembly I got. He's going to look to see if he has the rest of the parts to complete the link and call me back.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's stupid.... why would they list the PN for the partial assembly on their site

Member Looking for Dirt
    I dunno, doesn't make sense to me. He called back and said that he could send me the rest of the parts but he wanted 160 bucks for the eyelet and jamnut for the other end and the bushings, or 200 for the complete end links. The JKS QD's are only 150 and look way more robust, might just go with those. These things look like stock equivalent at best. The moog replacements I bought for the front look better quality and cost like 20 each. Superlifts part description says hummer H2 so its got me wondering if replacement H2 endlinks would be a fit. I found some H2 replacements for stock or lifted hummer way cheaper. The local parts store has some in stock so I think I'll go there and do some comparisons to see if it might be a fit. If I had QDs I might use them just because I have them, but I don't think I really need them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information