Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: H53Ecrewchief's garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    I pulled the roof rack off the jeep tonight so I could pull it into the garage to do some work. It looks so naked!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I didn't even think of looking at the H2 links.... good call! Let us know how that works out

Member Looking for Dirt
    Anybody have a recommendation on a set of spring compressors capable of handing the OME springs. I don't trust the rentals and compressing springs makes me a little nervous.

Are you putting new struts/isolators/mounts on? Honestly the easiest thing to do is have a shop throw the assembly together for you if you don't have access to good spring compressors.

I borrowed a good OTC tool and still had to use my standard compressors on the HD springs... those things were beastly!

Member Looking for Dirt
    Not yet, I'm still waiting on the front springs, they apparently got held up in shipping due to weather. I was going to take the struts in to be assembled but figured I'd need the compressors anyway to install everything and might as well do it myself.

Use a lot of grease on the threads of the compressors... it'll help a lot

Member Looking for Dirt
    If I get the struts assembled, how much will the strut and rear springs need to be compressed to get them in.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I've never compressed my front or rear springs and never had a problem getting them in. And I'm running rear 4 inch Superlift springs too
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I've never compressed my front or rear springs and never had a problem getting them in. And I'm running rear 4 inch Superlift springs too
    Even with the gas tank skid cut, I had to use a spring compressor in the rear to get the SL springs in. I just used a rental from o'rielly.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Aaahhh Maybe you forgot when we assembled my front struts/springs?!?!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information