Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Go big or go home!!!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Thanks! My jeep is almost as badass as yours now!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Adam, are the brakes for a HEMI same as yours? Maybe upgrade a 3/4 ram brakes would be a simple switch? Only other thing I could think of is doing an SRT8 upgrade if you find a set in a JY

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

SRT brakes would require larger wheels which is not an option. I just need a better biting pad and rotors to match. Hemi uses the same brakes as mine
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

You may have to look into the EBCs or Stillens, just dont get the slotted rotors..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Why not slotted? I'd take slotted over drilled any day. EBC has dimpled and slotted but are crazy expensive

We've had this discussion on here about slotted or drilled off road and **** getting stuck in there. Not sure it'd be an issue but the whole idea of slotted and/or drilled is to dissipate heat and unless youre increasing the rotor there's not much stopping POWER provided, that is unless youre constantly braking hard which youre clearing not doing with 34" MTRs!! I'd look into upgraded pads and blank rotors personally thats just my opinion.. Previously on cars like the 240s Ive put slotted/drilled rotors and had worse braking even with brembo's, so Ive always stuck to good blank rotors and the best pads I could find.. Just my 2cents

By the way you brought up a good point on facebook.. You think you'll be more prone snapping a CV due to the 34s?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    For rotors I stick with Centric performance grade. They're cryogenically treated which help with wear, geometric stability during heat cycles and rust prevention. Ive installed them on countless vehicles and never a complaint..... and they're all ive ever run on my vehicles as well, including every lifted rig. They're very affordable as well.

For pads I always run Akebono ProACT Ultras and again, always impressed. For your case though id be interested in the Akebono Performance Ultra pads (ASP1080 for the front and ASP1087 for the rear).

Where can I find these pads and rotors Matt? Local store or is this something I'd have to purchase online

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    We've had this discussion on here about slotted or drilled off road and **** getting stuck in there. Not sure it'd be an issue but the whole idea of slotted and/or drilled is to dissipate heat and unless youre increasing the rotor there's not much stopping POWER provided, that is unless youre constantly braking hard which youre clearing not doing with 34" MTRs!! I'd look into upgraded pads and blank rotors personally thats just my opinion.. Previously on cars like the 240s Ive put slotted/drilled rotors and had worse braking even with brembo's, so Ive always stuck to good blank rotors and the best pads I could find.. Just my 2cents

By the way you brought up a good point on facebook.. You think you'll be more prone snapping a CV due to the 34s?
    Well I have yet to snap or break a cv on the XK but anytime you go with bigger tire and have a front locker you could expect to break one at some point.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Where can I find these pads and rotors Matt? Local store or is this something I'd have to purchase online
    I usually order from Rockauto.com. ... not sure if they list the Performance series so might have to order them elsewhere. I think Advanced Auto sells Akebono brand parts so they might be worth calling.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information