Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the ATZ P3 tires?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Anyone see the ATZ P3 tires?

I've always been a fan of the ATZ's... ran a set on my Silverado and a set on my Sierra. Checking out the Mickey Thompson tires recently came across their new ATZ P3. Looks like a good tire. Anyone have any experience with this one?

ATZ on left / ATZ P3 on right

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Looks like a pretty aggressive AT design, but it being more of a hybrid makes sense. Pops has always been a mickey thompson fan, the TJ Im looking at has those atz, after owning the MTR I probably wont buy another Jeep tire! With a family I could understand the need for one of these though. Are you thinking of running these when you go SL?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    They remind me alittle of DuraTracs actually. Pretty aggressive tread but also a A/T design to help onroad. What is the cost compared to DuraTracs?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    after owning the MTR I probably wont buy another Jeep tire! With a family I could understand the need for one of these though. Are you thinking of running these when you go SL?
    What do you mean about "won't buy another jeep tire"? You mean something as aggressive as the MTR? And yeah, i'm thinking of running these with the superlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    They remind me alittle of DuraTracs actually. Pretty aggressive tread but also a A/T design to help onroad. What is the cost compared to DuraTracs?
    In the 265/70/17 they're comparable. Looks like ~$20/tire more for the P3s.

After I had the Duratracs on my Commander there were at least 3 wranglers at work who followed suit and installed them on their Jeeps. So i'd like to go with something "different" again

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Matt, I could be wrong but I think Andrew was trying to say he wouldn't buy any other tire but the MT/R. I'm thinking he was drunk when he wrote that. Haha I myself won't buy any other tire than an MT/R but if I had a second choice it would be the Nitto Trail Grappler
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

aaah yeah i see it now. I knew he liked the MTR that's why i was confused with the play on words there.

Thinking a set of the 305/65/17 on a set of Fuel Anza wheels (17x8.5 -6mm offset) when I put my superlift on. Just not sure on which color.....

I'm thinking the black ones with anthrocite ring so it breaks up the black/black tire/wheel interface.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackanza(1).jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	2159  

Last edited by Matt; 11-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    So your going to be running a modified Superlift and tires that aren't even 33 inches tall?!?!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thompsons generally run big. My ATZ's were a full inch wider than the spec size. And im targetting 5-5.5", not a full 6" so I think that size will work out nicely and allow me to flex a lot offroad.

...but if they came in a 305/70/17 I would definitely be torn on which one to get! We'll see how much clearance I have with my current tires after the lift. If i think the 65s will be too small i'll go a different route.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-02-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information