Thread: Rear Shock Relocation Brackets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Everyone has a track bar. I think you're talking about the sway bar.... which is on the other side of the axle (and i dont have one either).

The main benefit is definitely to help clearance. I've got hung up on that damn shock mount almost every time i've been to Rausch!

Flattening the outboard angle would help a bit with flex, especially as the tire is shoved into the wheel well and that angle increases which puts a lot of stress on the ends of the shocks; i think thats also one of the causes for the Bilstein shock failures that some guys had a few years ago (the ends literally broke off).

Depending on how the design works out, i bet a few mounting locations could be drilled for the shocks to help fine tune for different shock lengths. There's probably enough room for at least 2 mounting points 1" apart...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    And as mentioned in the first post... this mounting location would allow for more down travel. Most people are running 25-26" long shocks with their 2" lifts and the Superlift shocks are 28" long. Both of these cases are needlessly limiting down travel of the axle. Throw a quick brake line extension on and these brackets will allow you to maximize down travel without having to buy new shocks.

Remember a lot of us limit our compression travel with extended bump stops so the tires dont hit our fenders; this is a way to get that travel back by adding it to the down stroke.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Got it makes a lot of sense now. And yes I was referring to sway bar, been a long week and month with insurance haha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information