Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deactivate TPMS

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

deactivate TPMS

So, I'm wondering how do I deactivate the TPMS using my Flashpaq tuner. I think Adam has done this. Poking around the tuner, I could only find a place that looked like as if I could change the standard pressure for the tires, and it would only go down to 26psi.

Background: I caught a flat yesterday, and my spare doesn't have the TPMS installed. What was REALLY weird was that the EVIC was showing the right rear tire was losing pressure, but in reality it was the left rear. Very strange.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Depending on how old the programmer is you'll need to plug it into your computer to get the most recent updates (i had to do that).

Then it's under the "advanced options" menu.

There's only one receiver for the rear of the vehicle. I forget how it knows left vs right tire... i think it has to do with signal strength. Could be that the left rear TPMS sensor is getting weak, so the module thought it was the right tire (the receiver is on the passenger side, so the right tire would normally give a weaker signal than the left due to proximity)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    It's under off road setting. I deactivated mine almost two years ago when I bought my new wheels because all my sensors were chewed up from off roading. My flashpaq was bought like 4 years ago and never been updated since Lol
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-11-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Ah now that you mention it, the offroad settings sounds familiar. The advanced settings might only adjust it....

Surprised you didn't have to download it. It's listed as a "downloadable feature" on the superchips site. Did you buy yours used?

Yeah I bought it from my friend bob who had it on a 99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 liter. He now has a lifted 06 Hemi XK!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

That makes sense then! I bet it was added.

Where the hell are pictures of your friends XK????

Ha! I bought mine used and updated it when I got it, but I forgot I never installed the Off Road TPMS deactivate thingy. I d/l'ed it today and will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks, guys.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That makes sense then! I bet it was added.

Where the hell are pictures of your friends XK????
    Snow wheeling last winter. It's got the OME HD lift w/ 265/70R17's, Flashpaq, full exhaust and CAI

Click on this pic to see video of him pulling out my brothers wrangler.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 11-11-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Got it! Works like a charm. Thanks, guys.

Awesome glad it worked for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information