Gearing up for Big Bend next weekend, I spent yesterday installing my CB. Per the instructions (and because I thought it was easiest), I ran the power/red wire directly to the terminal. It was fine all yesterday and two trips today, and then it just wouldn't start. I took care to make sure the CB was off, and the battery would not jump either. It would just click once and be dead. I finally had to use roadside to have it towed to a shop, where it sits. A couple of things to note:

2 weeks ago I had a brand new Diehard AGM battery installed in it. Been starting great.

The key fob is trashed to a point where I have to manually lock/unlock it, listen to the "alarm" and turn the Jeep on/start it to make the alarm stop. Never been a problem with this.

My first instinct, the alternator, is original. I know it has at least 60K miles in my possession, no idea how many original miles Somewhere between 60 and 112K.

I just can't imagine that the cb would have done this, and even if it did, wouldn't a jump bring it back to life?

Thanks guys,
Ryan