Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni-ball UCA's... you read that right!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Uni-ball UCA's... you read that right!

Reached out to a company today after i saw they made some HD uniball UCA's for the WK. They're in the process of joining the forum but I thought you guys would appreciate a preview of what they have to offer (http://www.american-motorsports.net/?page=home)

I've recommended a minor design tweak. Looking forward to them joining up and discussing their arms and anything else they have in mind for the XK/WK platform.

Last edited by Matt; 11-18-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Is this a random picture of their product for another vehicle or is this the WK version you speak of?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Its the actual wk arm. Once they're signed up here I have a bunch of questions and measurements id like to see..... but definitely excited we have another option. I don't believe anyone is running these yet and haven't even seen them mentioned on JF. Im not on FB so not sure if they were mentioned there?

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Those look beefy as hell! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Pair those with some uniball HD LCA's and adjustable Coilovers and we gotta a baja rig!
    Last edited by Ross; 11-18-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    whats the benefit of uni-ball?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Higher strength and a much larger range of motion.

One of the things I do think they need to improve on these arms is to put the uniball at a slight angle...At normal ride height (the picture with the tire) you can see the angle it's already on; so it could benefit benefit from being rotated similar to the JBA/RRO/etc arms.

With this picture at full drop it looks maxed out. I'd rotate that uniball mount at least to where the red lines are.

One of the other things I'm happy to see is the use of larger bushings as opposed to the stock ones.

Here's a good example of how they need to make the angle. These are the HM Engineering arms that Omelette is running.

Honestly I like the bulk/square/beefy look of the AM (American Motorsports) arms better; kind of reminds me of the lines of the XK ...but they do have a bit of tweaking to do. In their E-mail they seemed very open to improvements... so hopefully they take kindly to the constructive criticism.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The first thing I noticed when I looked at the picture was that the angle of where the uni-ball is mounted needs to be angled. I love my JBA and wouldn't change to a Uni-ball but like you said its nice knowing there are other options out there
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yeah I doubt id recommend going from JBA to AM. But for someone who wants to upgrade stock arms, more/different options are great.

Im also intrigued on where AM got the idea to make wk arms. .... maybe an employee there wanted a set? Might be a lucky break for the wk/xk market if they'd consider making other products too

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information