Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Uni-ball UCA's... you read that right!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ^^I already promised Corey i'd paint them purple and install them for him after I start swapping my suspension parts for my 6" lift plan
    Paints them Silver****
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMotorsports View Post
    The customer was having serious issues with the stock arm causing the spindle to rub on the coil isolator preventing anymore down travel. The customer was sick of it squeaking too.
    [AM... do you have a first name?]

I was thinking about this on my way home tonight and, well, forget everything we've been talking about so far.... i think there's another issue here.

When I first saw the pictures you sent I thought your customer only had a daystar lift. I didn't realize he also had the OME HD coils for a "stacked" lift. His issue with the spindle rubbing the isolator with the stock arms is a product of his lift method that is avoided like the plague amongst XK/WK owners (same suspension btw). Kyle (oleblue27) can vouch for this... he tried a similar setup against mine and 07JeepXK's recommendation... and ended up ordering the 4" superlift within a month or so!

With that said, you solved your customers problem by moving the spindle further away from the strut, right? The problem here is that for the majority of properly lifted WK/XKs, your method of solving your customers problem is counter-productive to the design we need to get our alignment in spec.

Due to a lack of camber adjustment in the LCA, our aftermarket arms are designed to add some negative camber to help get our alignments within spec. Your arms effectively added some positive camber, correct? (because negative would have pulled the spindle into the strut)

Below is a picture of a stock arm and two pictures of aftermarket arms that members use that produce good alignment specs....

STOCk:

RRO:

JBA New Design:

Do you have another set of arms made already? I'll be tearing apart my suspension the weekend after Thanksgiving to replace a lower balljoint (the boot got torn). If you send me an arm and a return label I'll throw it on, take some measurements/pictures/etc and then send it back to you.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-21-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Side Note: I go to San Diego for work on occasion..... next time i'm there and have time to kill I'd love to some see the shop! Looks like you're only 30-40 minutes from there?

Matt, Ill get you some measurements when i get in the shop tomorrow. We are building 2 more sets but these sets will have heim joints instead of bushing assemblies which will allow for better camburg and caster adjustment. These will be tested on on 2 jeepspeed WK race trucks so ill have some really good feed back from the abuse they will be handling. Definitly you should come by the shop if you are every in San Diego. You can see my operation. Just hit me up anytime.

Sounds good man. You'll have to throw up some pictures of these WK race trucks.... glad to see this platform getting involved on a more serious level finally

Can you get rebuild kits for the uni-ball joint? If so where from?

Yeah as long as you have the cup specs. They press in/out
    http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...g-p-16755.html

Thanks for that, you just saved me a few hundred dollars.

You have a set of the HM arms?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMotorsports View Post
    I dont ever stop learning. It like put these on a customers truck with just the EME HD spring lift and see where the arms sit.
    I'm currently running the OME HD lift (2") with no other suspension mods and would be happy to install, measure and give feedback. Just say the word, as I'm 90 days out from buying a set to replace my stock arms after the OME lift.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information