Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni-ball UCA's... you read that right!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    They look awesome. Im glad they are open and responded to you. Im excited to finally get aftermarket UCAS lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Whats the price on the AM arms?
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    They don't have them listed on their site yet so im not sure.

I just sent them another email with a link to this thread.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They don't have them listed on their site yet so im not sure.

I just sent them another email with a link to this thread.

Given that I just did the ome lift and still have stock arms, I'm definitely interested in these. In fact, I'm open to prototyping them if they're interested in a test truck

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Does anyone make an UCA that has caster adjustment? I assume the answer is "no", but I thought I'd ask anyway.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Nope. With some minor modifications though we'd be able to get some cammed UCA bolts which would enable both camber & caster adjustments regardless of which arms are installed. Not sure the need is really there though.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I was on stock arms after my OME lift and mine specs were dead on, never had a problem other than the steering wheel not being straight from a poor mechanic
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

It would probably be easier to increase the slot size for the lca mounting point if more adjustment is needed.....

But back on topic; I know they signed up so hopefully we hear from AM soon. Looking forward to hearing their thoughts on the design improvements I recommemded in this thread and emails.

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It would probably be easier to increase the slot size for the lca mounting point if more adjustment is needed.....

But back on topic; I know they signed up so hopefully we hear from AM soon. Looking forward to hearing their thoughts on the design improvements I recommemded in this thread and emails.
    If they redesign as you mentioned I will definitely try them out!
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I was looking at their website last night and all I can say is WOW!!! They're long travel suspensions are insane, especially they're ford ranger crossbeam design:http://american-motorsports.net/?pag...suspensionId=3

If I my XK was 2wd I would seriously consider trying to work with them on a swap to a long travel suspension up front.

Kinda small, but here's a pic of the ranger in the link:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ross; 11-20-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information