Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Uni-ball UCA's... you read that right!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt adud83's Avatar
    I would be interested in a set of these as well. I was looking at the JBA UCA, but I might just hold off a little and see where this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Looking for Dirt powderhorn's Avatar
    That looks like a good idea tweaking the angle for full extension. How about the angle at full compression? Would tweaking the angle affect the angle at full compression? I may be interested in a set was thinking about JBA arms. How about changing the joint later on? Pressing out? Cost? JBA arms look like a bolt in ball joint.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Compression angle shouldn't be an issue, even with that angle tweaked. You'll slam the UCA into the top of the fenderwell before you reach the same angle that it see's at full extension.

Changing the joint is easy- remove snap ring, press out, press new one in, replace snap ring.

Based on other uniball UCA's on the market, i'm pretty sure cost is gong to be more than JBA arms.

Cost Vs. Benefit ratio is definitely going to include some personal preference....

Member Looking for Dirt powderhorn's Avatar
    So it looks like the extension angle change is a must. Just looked at JBA site they have some of the UACs on sale $395.00. Couldn't find the XK one through my I phone may call them and ask price. Searched the moog ball joint , Summit has them for $25.00. Changing the JBA joint looks to be easy.
    Also for info I use a two jaw puller to pop the ball joint loose from the steering knuckle instead of using a fork which usually tears up the boot. I used this when doing the teardown to install the lift and did not damage them for the reinstall.

The JBA arms are $450: http://4xguard.com/commander-2006-20...ted-wk-xk.html

You're wasting you're time with the 2-jaw puller. Take the balljoint nut off, put it on a few threads, smack the spindle flat with a hammer and it pops right off. I've changed hundreds of balljoints/tie-rods/etc and never had to use a puller (ok except for Jacob's pitman arm....)

JBA's a solid product. This looks to be like another solid product with a few tweaks.

edit....to be clear i'll probably be ordering a pair of JBA arms in the next month or so depending on AM's input. I have to admit I love the "look" of the AM arms and im intrigued to try a uniball; but wouldn't order them in their current form over JBA.
    Last edited by Matt; 11-20-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Not to be completely tacky, but dibs on your RROs (if they already aren't spoken for). :-D

^^I already promised Corey i'd paint them purple and install them for him after I start swapping my suspension parts for my 6" lift plan

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Matt any reason why your going from RRO to JBA?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    I figured they were long spoken for, but had to take a shot! Looks like I'm going JBA around Christmas time then!

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Matt any reason why your going from RRO to JBA?
    The simple explanation is OCD. I plan on running 5-6" lift and doing some serious wheeling and the kj bushings just don't sit right with me for an xk thats looking to take some serious abuse.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information