Thread: Started a new front bumper.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Front receivers can be used as an easy attachment for a winch, makes it easily removable. They are also good for moving a trailer around the house in tight places for those of us that aren't that great at backing one up. Surf rod racks are also handy items for the beach and you could have that up front and still have a receiver rack or boat in the back.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I painted this part today and it will go back on for some real world testing - I'm going to pull my friends Suburban around at different angles and up some hills to see if anything comes apart. This is my first big welding project since I was trained on the job to weld about 15 years ago and shortly thereafter quit the company. The first couple welds were not too pretty (that's what grinders are for) but at least it looks like I got good penetration.

Cico- There will be end caps that will probably accomodate the stock fog lights. 110V receptacle? And as Neil mentioned, I will get a winch in a cradle and then I'm not limited to only front end winching. I could even put a receiver in my garage to dock the winch and pull disabled cars up my driveway. This I could have used this a few times now!

Thread Information