Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AndyB's Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    It was about 14' enclosed tandem axle. It was empty, so probably 3000-ish.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Member Looking for Dirt
    Now they're saying everything points to the FCM needing replaced. Another backordered part, no idea on ship date.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You could try a few local scrap yards... pull one from a donor vehicle.

I thought they needed to be VIN programmed but guys on JF have been installing them plug&play style to fix the recall issues

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yup all plugs and play. Did the QT I to QT II swap on a V6 back in the day and it was all plug an play
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    ^^^^
    Sorry to jack the thread, but I was unaware anyone had successfully done this swap. What all was needed to go from QT-I to QT-II?
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I thought they needed to be VIN programmed but guys on JF have been installing them plug&play style to fix the recall issues
    That's the FDCM (Final Drive Control Module) they're swapping plug and play. This dealer is saying my FCM (Front Control Module) is what needs replaced.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    ^^^^
    Sorry to jack the thread, but I was unaware anyone had successfully done this swap. What all was needed to go from QT-I to QT-II?
    A donor V6 QTII Commander or Grand Cherokee
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 12-26-2013 at 06:08 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    This may have been the shortest lived garage thread ever! Traded her today on a 2013 F150 XLT supercab 5.0L 4x4, also black I'll post a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Boooo
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Another one bites the dust!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information