Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P.O.'ed with my Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks like two separate issues.

My memory sucks.... were you the one who had the key fob issue where one key wasn't being recognized?

The tcase codes could be a few things. I'd try disconnecting the shift motor and clean both connectors with electrical contact cleaner, then put some dielectric grease on them and plug back in. Clear the codes and see if they come back.

For the other codes did you return your tune back to stock already? If so, did the problems continue?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Looks like two separate issues.

My memory sucks.... were you the one who had the key fob issue where one key wasn't being recognized?

The tcase codes could be a few things. I'd try disconnecting the shift motor and clean both connectors with electrical contact cleaner, then put some dielectric grease on them and plug back in. Clear the codes and see if they come back.

For the other codes did you return your tune back to stock already? If so, did the problems continue?
    No, not me. I haven't had any problems with my key fobs not being recognized.

The 4WD codes I expected to see. Continual crap since my new FDCM and recall flash.

I had the troubles with the tuner on Saturday morning right after the pinging started, and returned everything to stock then. After returning to stock, I drove around all day Saturday and drove the 4.5 hour drive home on Sunday with no more problems. I noticed the service 4wd light when starting the Jeep Sunday night, so I plugged it up to clear those codes, and found all 11 of those. I assume it threw all those codes on Saturday morning when the pinging started (Mult. Cylinder Misfires), and the tuner troubles (lost communication, missing VIN, implausible config.).
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Roger that man... glad I haven't done the recall!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    This isnt the first thread Ive read about a Chrysler having issues when uploading a transmission tune. I took a risk when I did it with my DiabloIntune but luckily didnt have any issues what so ever. Apparently the TCM dont like to be reprogrammed which isnt just on Jeeps, but chargers, 300s etc all have had issues similar to what you're getting when a tune was uploaded, just something to keep in mind.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm really not too concerned for the HP/torque performance gains. That's just an added extra. I really wanted the Tranny tunes for towing the boat. I think I may just install a shift kit and line pressure booster and only use the Superchips for the tire size calibration and clearing codes.

So, you have the Diablo and have heard of similar issues? I was wondering if this was just SC problems or if it was all the tuners. I was wondering if it would be any better to ditch the SC and go get a Hypertech or Diablo.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Well I had the HEMI and tuned it with the Diablo 91 octane performance tune with the performance transmission tune. This would not be ideal for towing, when I picked up my project 240sx I installed the towing tune for everything. Ive heard of issues with all tuners, from my Dad who's been working with Chrylser for over 30 yrs for some reason they dont like to be modified, and some are mor picky than others. Changing small things like tire size and base tunes arent going to give much issue, but once you start changing shift points, which mine did without a hitch, it can cause issues. Google it and you'll see numerous threads about it. I gave it a shot and was lucky to not have a single problem, other than the occassional transmission over temp warning which was not related to the tune, and my HEMI ran like a mad man! I was chirping my 32" MTRs in 2nd at times. Ive got my DiabloIntune for sale as I sold my XK, not sure if it'd work with the 4.7 but Im only asking $300, its $380 new and mines mint.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    From their website it appears Diablo only does things for the HEMI. I wonder if it has something to do with mine being the 4.7 FLEX instead of the regular ol' 4.7.
    2007 XK Limited
    4.7 Flex
    QDII
    Superchips Flashpaq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information