Guys,

Many of you gave me input 2 weeks ago when my Jeep suddenly wouldn't start, requiring a tow to the shop. They extracted 2 codes related to "poor fob performance/communication" and thus, ordered, cut and programmed a new key. It worked great until this morning, when I drove to the gas station, was stopped for a bit, and it would no longer start. Same song and dance as before. Once click, no start. Not panicking this time, I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes, and voila, fired up. Drove directly home, cut the engine, waited a few minutes and tried again. No dice.

To cut a long story short, I've got a new gremlin, and I can absolutely reproduce it. If I disconnect the battery for a few minutes, I get one start out of it, then nothing. I did some more research and it looks like the possibilities are a wireless module or ignition switch. In thinking about other gremlins I have, I do have a pretty good dash light flicker that sometimes causes the headlights to flicker. This somehow points to ignition switch, right? I'm not sure what to do next, because I really don't feel like dropping another ~400-500 bucks at the shop so quickly after getting it back. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan