Thread: different approach to performance

Senior Member Getting Dirty

different approach to performance

so i was thinking of getting rid of the superchips in favor of.... a transgo shift kit, sprint booster and procal?

does that make any sense? i think i pretty much cover my bases. i dont use the tranny tuning of the superchips and the only thing id be losing is the DTC reader. im just looking to switch some things around on my jeep.

i do think ill be going with a transgo shift come the spring to firm up the 545RFE
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    You do realize that the transgo requires transmission removal for full install? Also the HD version comes with a resistor to spoof the line pressure (firmer shifts)... I had a similar resistor for mine that never had a consistent noticable impact.

I had a similar option (resistor to increase line pressure) in my Bronco - E4OD that made huge changes... stage II felt like thunder.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Omlet has this thread on the sprint booster:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/s...eeded-1180912/

I have the Diablo inTune which allows you to boost throttle response. Going above 18% is too jumpy if I recall.... you can't start smoothly for daily driving. It definitely gives a more spirited drive. I got the inTune for $350 if I recall. If the sprint booster is going for $300 still, the inTune may make more sense.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Or if you live in a city full of hills and stop signs... like I do... just use the "Tow/Haul" option around town. It's basically underdrive - keeps my RPMs up, so the truck isn't lugging.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    i know with the superchips and the 4.7... i have this spot where it hits OD and just lugs it till the RPMs hit an acceptable point and i gain my throttle response back. maybe thats not the tuner- idk.

the more i think about it the more i think its a dumb move, but i do want a booster but im waiting for them to drop in proce drastically.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Thread Information