Thread: 12 Bolt Differential Cover

Administrator
    Blog Entries

12 Bolt Differential Cover

I have a quote for the 12 bolt differential cover. The set up costs are expensive so I need to share that cost with those who want a cover, if I can get 40 people to order this item I can get the price down to $275.00 each.

If you are interested let me know. I can carry a small inventory for future purchases but not the full 40 units.

It will look similar to the ten bolt version shown here:

Last edited by Knappster; 12-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sneak Peak... Any thoughts before I post it live?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...token=3d2f325f
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Maybe for the $200 step give an option for the secure console OR a discounted cover when they're produced?

What happens if the goal isnt met?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Maybe for the $200 step give an option for the secure console OR a discounted cover when they're produced?

What happens if the goal isnt met?
    If the goal is not met then nobody sends any money and no items are shipped at any of the levels.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

That's what I figured. Im not sure how you came up with 12k but id set the goal for what you'd need to break even to give it better chance of success. This would make you the owner of the only 12 bolt diff cover mold which could be very profitable.

For example it would be ashame to get ~$8k in pledges which might make the investment on your end lower risk and worth doing, but it all goes away because it didn't reach the $12k limit.

....I could also be looking at it completely wrong. But just a thought to consider.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Do it!!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's what I figured. Im not sure how you came up with 12k but id set the goal for what you'd need to break even to give it better chance of success. This would make you the owner of the only 12 bolt diff cover mold which could be very profitable.

For example it would be ashame to get ~$8k in pledges which might make the investment on your end lower risk and worth doing, but it all goes away because it didn't reach the $12k limit.

....I could also be looking at it completely wrong. But just a thought to consider.
    You are correct. The cost for 40 units including the CAD, molds and everything else (including 40 covers) is $13,345.20.

If I only get $12,000 in pledges I could still make the covers but would have to come up with $1,345.20 out of my operating cost, that is something I could recover over time.
    Last edited by Knappster; 12-18-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Ah thats why I was confused. So even if you sold 40 covers @275 you'll still be ~2300 short.

I hope you get that grant next month!!

Thread Information